Pneumatic Tire Compactor: Knead for uniformity
The PT240R rubber-wheeled compactor was developed in line with the latest expertise in the compaction of bituminous asphalt courses and natural soils. The strong kneading effect is a unique capability of the rubber-wheeled compactor. The large wheel load and elasticity of the rubber tires produce a constant insulating and sealing effect.
Top features of the Volvo PT240R include:
- High-performance Cummins engine and hydrostatic travel mode.
- Ballast of 10.5 – 26.5 sh tn (9,500 – 24,000 kg).
- Central tire filling system for optimum tire pressure.
- Patented, isostatic front axle with two plunger cylinders.
- Sprinkling system.
- Spacious panorama cab, fitted with heating and ventilation, offers perfect view of the working environment.
- Easy operation thanks to two workplaces.
- Large working temperature range -5 to 113° F (15 to 45° C).
- Large ballast bunker 35.3 ft³ (1.8 m³).
- Water-tight frame.
- Small turning circle.
- Hydrostatic steering.
- Good accessibility to the service points.
|Rolling width||78.2 in (1 985 mm)|
|Operating weight w/ ROPS||36,070 - 52,910 lb (16 428 - 24 000 kg)|