The PL4611 – Ground Breaking In Pipe Laying
The Volvo PL4611 pipelayer is designed and purpose built to achieve the highest lifting standards in the market, maximizing the day to day production and operator safety in an aggressive and extenuating job environment.
Key features include:
- Powerful 245 kW (329 hp) Volvo Tier 3/Stage IIIA compliant engine with V-ACT (Volvo Advanced Combustion Technology) offering high performance, durability and industry-leading fuel efficiency.
- Longer boom provides more hook height and better reach, allowing the machine to work farther from the trench.
- Lift and positioning performance through 360 degrees of swing for maximum flexibility and infinite load positioning.
- Load-management system featuring a boom-mounted light bar, in-cab monitor and warning systems to optimize safety.
- Extra-wide undercarriage increases machine stability and floatation. Track frames are removable for easy transport.
|…Rated output at||1,800 r/min (30 r/s)|
|...SAE J1995 gross||329 hp (245 kW)|
|...ISO 9249/SAE J1349 net||315 hp (235 kW )|
|Max. engine torque||1,269 ft-lb (1,720 Nm)|
|Max. tipping capacity||250,000 lb (113.0 t)|
|Rated capacity||150,000 lb (70.0 t )|
|Std. boom length||30 ft (9.0 m)|
|Max. working slope||35° (70%)|
|Operating weight||150 lb (68 t)|