The FC2421C – Rugged, Safe and Productive
Working in the forest is demanding: Steep slopes, mud, snow, frigid winter darkness, searing summer heat, rocky mountainous terrain and heavy lifting are standard operating conditions. To be productive in any combination of these conditions you need a forestry carrier that is safe, strong and most of all rugged: The Volvo FC2421C.
Key features include:
- Powerful 110 kW (150 metric hp) Volvo Tier 3/Stage IIIA compliant engine with V-ACT (Volvo Advanced Combustion Technology) offering high performance, durability and industry-leading fuel efficiency.
- Roomy and comfortable Volvo Care Cab with heavy duty forestry guarding meeting global safety standards.
- High-walker undercarriage for operations in difficult terrain.
- Heavy-duty forestry specific boom structure.
- Hydraulics optimized for forestry attachments. Auxiliary hydraulic valve comes as standard.
- Heavy-duty protection for upper and lower structure. Optional gull-wing rear body cover available for even more protection of the engine, hydraulics and electrical components, and providing outstanding ease of service access.
- Hydraulically-driven, reversible cooling fan for optimum cooling efficiency (optional).
|Rated output at||1,800 r/min (30 r/sec)|
|...SAE J1995 gross||165 hp (123 kW)|
|...ISO 9249/SAE J1349 net||147 hp (110 kW)|
|Max. engine torque||553 ft lb (735 Nm)|
|Max. reach from swing center||27' 9'' (8460 mm)|
|…with boom / arm||18' 8" / 9' 6" (5.7 m / 2.9 m)|
|Max. tractive effort||49,960 lb (209 kN)|
|Max. speed||2.9 mph (4.7 km/h)|
|Operating weight (with std boom/arm, excluding attachment)||56,470 - 59,850 lb (25,610 - 27,145 kg)|