EW230C Wheeled Excavator
The EW230C is powered by a Volvo D6E EHE3 diesel engine, developing 125 kW/168hp net at 1,900 rpm, delivering power where it is needed and giving it an enviable lift capacity. A choice of 5.7m (18.7ft) mono or optional articulated two-piece boom is available, while Volvo’s automatic lubrication system not only ensures correct lubrication but also reduces lubricant use by 50%.
Volvo EW230C: The top class of wheeled excavators
The Volvo EW230C is built around a new, more robust platform, which is designed to ensure the power and stability you need to manage bigger loads, for heavy lifting applications, such as laying large pipe for drainage projects, or hard digging. With its market leading lift capacity, which enables optimum machine performance and productivity, the EW230C sets new standards within the top class of wheeled excavators.
Top features of the EW230C wheeled excavator include:
- Powerful 125 kW (170 metric hp) Volvo Tier III compliant engine with V-ACT (Volvo Advanced Combustion Technology): high torque at low revs, leading to ultra-efficient fuel consumption.
- Powerful, harmonized load sensing hydraulics featuring two pumps – one for the attachment and travel and a second, closed-loop slew pump.
- Rear axle weight is below 12t (when fitted with the standard counterweight) – making itapproved for road travel between sites. A heavier counterweight is also available for applications not requiring the machine to be moved on the road.
- Class leading Volvo Care Cab with operatorprotective structure, provides increasedsafety, more space, better visibility andreduced whole body vibration.
- Rugged long wear components, along with the easy access service walkway behind the cab and the possibility to do daily checks from the cab using the control monitor leads to more uptime.