Volvo asphalt compactor DD70HF: The highly visible, high performer
The Volvo DD70HF double-drum compactor is excellent on roadways and other medium-sized paving jobs. It is easy to operate, offers adjustable vibration on / off speed settings, an ergonomic console and the most reliable water spray system in the industry.
Top features of the Volvo DD70HF asphalt compactor include:
- Turbocharged engine.
- Eight amplitude settings achieve required compaction throughout deep lifts and / or stiffer mix designs.
- Eccentric rotation automatically matches direction of travel, improving smoothness.
- Five-position rotating operator’s station with an adjustable seat provides a smooth ride and comfortable operating environment.
- Patented Impact Spacing Meter provides a visual reference for speed control to maintain proper impact spacing, resulting in consistent smoothness.
- Two complete independent water systems include triple water filtration, four water pumps, four spray bars and variable waterflow.
- Exclusive machined drums with chamfered, radiused drum edges minimize drum edge marking and facilitate finish rolling.
- High-frequency vibration system offers faster rolling speeds for increased production while maintaining proper drum impact spacing.
|Drum width||57 in (1 448 mm)|
|Operating weight w/ ROPS||14,895 lb (6 755 kg)|
|Vibration frequency||4,000 vpm (66,7 Hz)|
|Vibration centrifugal force||7,820 - 21,080 lb (35 - 94 kN)|