Volvo asphalt compactor DD70: High performance, high visibility
The Volvo DD70 double-drum compactor is excellent on roadways and other medium-sized paving jobs. It is easy to operate, offers adjustable vibration on / off speed settings, an ergonomic console and the most reliable water spray system in the industry.
Top features of the Volvo DD70 asphalt compactor include:
- Turbocharged engine.
- Eight amplitude settings achieve required compaction throughout deep lifts and / or stiffer mix designs.
- Eccentric rotation automatically matches direction of travel, improving smoothness.
- Five-position rotating operator’s station with an adjustable seat provides a smooth ride and comfortable operating environment.
- Patented Impact Spacing Meter provides a visual reference for speed control to maintain proper impact spacing, resulting in consistent smoothness.
- Two complete independent water systems include triple water filtration, four water pumps, four spray bars and variable waterflow.
- Exclusive machined drums with chamfered, radiused drum edges minimize drum edge marking and facilitate finish rolling.
- High-frequency vibration system offers faster rolling speeds for increased production while maintaining proper drum impact spacing.
|Drum width||57 in (1 448 mm)|
|Operating weight w/ ROPS||15,000 lb (6 803 kg)|
|Vibration frequency||3,300 vpm (55 Hz)|
|Vibration centrifugal force||8,940 - 18,080 lb (40 - 80 kN)|