DD31HF – Ultra performance in a smaller package
The Volvo DD31HF double drum compactor offers high performance for both commercial and main-line paving contractors in terms of productivity, density, and smoothness.
- 70 Hz (4 200 vpm) frequency for maximum rolling speeds and optimal impact.
- 4-cylinder diesel engine with 68 l (18 gal) fuel tank for all-day operation.
- TwinLock™ traction control and torque transfer system minimizes drum slippage, delivering superior drum control at all speeds and in both directions.
- Machined drum surface has chamfered edges to produce a professional quality finish on each job.
- Water flows only when the compactor is moving (in automatic mode).
- Dual-side access, spring-applied, hydraulically released parking brake with test switch, ROPS, emergency stop switch, seat switch, and propulsion control with neutral start.
- Excellent visibility to front and rear drum edges.
- Isolated vibratory drums and four-point isolation of the operator platform minimizes vibration feedback for added comfort.
- Unobstructed daily checkpoints, easy-to-lift engine enclosure, plus ground-level access to the engine, radiator, battery, and filters.
|Drum width||49.2 in (1 250 mm)|
|Vibration frequency||4,200 vpm (70 Hz)|
|Vibration centrifugal force||8,200 lb (36 kN)|
|Operating weight w/ ROPS||6,840 lb (3 120 kg)|