Volvo asphalt compactor DD29: The leader in performance, durability and safety
The Volvo DD29 compactor delivers stellar performance and unsurpassed value. Built for comfort and safety as well, this double-drum compactor offers a competitive advantage in hot mix asphalt, soil sub-base, aggregate-base, and numerous other applications.
Top features of the Volvo DD29 asphalt compactor include:
- Tier 4A engine.
- 66,7 Hz (4,000 vpm) frequency provides optimal impact spacing at higher rolling speeds.
- 299 l (79 gal) water tank, full-day fuel capacity extend operating intervals.
- Standard pressurized spray system distributes water coverage evenly across each drum.
- High curb and low side clearances allow efficient maneuvering around jobsite obstacles.
- Operator can choose front-drum vibration only, double-drum vibration, or static mode.
- Machined drum surface has chamfered edges to produce a professional quality finish on each job.
- Isolation of the vibratory drum and operator platform enhances operator comfort and safety.
- Unobstructed daily checkpoints.
|Drum width||49.2 in (1 250 mm)|
|Vibration frequency||4,000 vpm (66,7 Hz)|
|Vibration centrifugal force||7,100 lb (32 kN)|
|Operating weight w/ ROPS||6,335 lb (2 873 kg)|