BTI’s BXR Series Breakers offer outstanding power to weight ratio, and exceptional efficiency with the oil regeneration system. Overall system designed for harsh, continuous duty for use in demanding rock breaking applications.
- Two speed hydraulic pilot power control; controls blow energy in varying material conditions.
- Oil regeneration system; increases bpm’s without decreasing energy in harder material applications.
- High volume nitrogen charged accumulator; provides constant blow energy and recoil absorption.
- Extra-long stroke pressure balanced piston in conjunction with oil regeneration system; optimizes impact energy and bpm’s.
- Button nose piston design; maximizes energy transfer to the tool.
- Anti-blank fire interlock; protects front head and retainer pins.
Up to 1100-ft.lb. class (1627 Joules), are typically used in concrete and other light duty work.
1200 – 4000-ft.lb. class (1627 – 5423 Joules) are used in both concrete and rock applications with limitations on the size and amount of material to be broken.
Over 4000 ft. Lb. class (5423 Joules), are typically used in hard rock, high production applications.
When breaking oversize material the breaker is expected to break the material down quickly into multiple pieces. This is optimum production. If the operator has to re-position the breaker towards the edge of the rock and gradually downsize the material, production rate slows down.
To assess which breaker will effectively handle this application, the size and hardness of the material must be known. For example, if a 4 cu. yard piece of hard rock (20,000 psi or greater) needs to be broken in half you require a 7,500-ft. lb. or larger breaker. If a 2 cu.yd. piece of limestone (20,000 psi or less) needs to be broken in half you require a 3,000 – 5,000-ft. lb. Breaker.
Energy Class (ft): 10,000
Operating Weight (lbs): 7,800
Overall Length (in): 133
Oil Flow Range (gpm): 62 - 82
Working Pressure Range (psi): 2,250 - 2,755
Blow Rate (bpm): 317 - 482
Tool Diameter (in): 6.7