DD38HF: An all-day ultra performer
The Volvo DD38HF double drum compactor offers high performance for both commercial and main-line paving contractors in terms of productivity, density and smoothness.
Top features of the Volvo DD38HF asphalt paver include:
- 70 Hz (4 200 vpm) frequency for maximum rolling speeds and optimal impact.
- 4-cylinder diesel engine with 68 l (18 gal) fuel tank for all-day operation.
- TwinLock™ traction control and torque transfer system minimizes drum slippage, delivering superior drum control at all speeds and in both directions.
- Machined drum surface has chamfered edges to produce a professional quality finish on each job.
- Industry-leading water system, featuring a 299 l (79 gal) water tank, standard pressurized water system, hand-serviceable water nozzles, and double filtration.
- Dual-side access, spring-applied, hydraulically released parking brake with test switch, ROPS, emergency stop switch, seat switch and propulsion control with neutral start.
- Isolated vibratory drums and four-point isolation of the operator platform minimizes vibration feedback for added comfort.
- Unobstructed daily checkpoints, easy-to-lift engine enclosure, plus ground-level access to the engine, radiator, battery and filters.
|Drum width||54.1 in (1 375 mm)|
|Vibration frequency||4,200 vpm (70 Hz)|
|Vibration centrifugal force||8,200 lb (36 kN)|
|Operating weight w/ ROPS||8,400 lb (3 809 kg)|